Sunday, November 29, 2009

My former boss isn't as bright as he thinks he is

The poor grammar talk has made me more cautious of my own writing and speaking. I walk around on eggshells, constantly second-guessing myself. If I'm going to call someone else out, I have to be at the top of my game. Anyway, I started thinking about an evaluation my former boss prepared. As I read his comments, I noticed he used the wrong tense of your. He should have used you're. After reading that, I totally lost what little respect I had for him. Especially since he sat across from me with his legs crossed and a smug look on his face, while he talked about all the things I did wrong. He was making around $60K and couldn't write a simple sentence correctly. If only I could have called him on it back then. But hey, I can poke fun of him now. employee 1 - employer 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment