Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28, 2009

I read an HT email the other day and there was a major grammar mistake. I would copy and paste it here, but that would be rude. The email was just two sentences and they were both wrong. I had to read it twice to understand what the writer was trying to say. She was commenting on an issue that affects HT. An issue I totally agree with and wish I had the foresight to write it. But I almost missed the point because of poor grammar. I hate to be a grammar snob, but poor grammar is extremely irritating and confusing. And I hate being confused. Here's a snippet of the email, "...You not gone far." What was the writer trying to say? "You're not going to go far." Who the heck knows. Well, that's my rant for the day. Until next time, may proper grammar rule you're day. Oops, I meant "rule your day."

No comments:

Post a Comment